As I went to make a post, I thought...nah! I don't need to write, I read other people's blogs...and a heck of a lot of them at that. BUT...then I thought....Wait a minute. I avoid my own thoughts/feelings and instead read lots of other people's blogs. Ouch! Did God just give me a love tap with a 2 X 4? Wait...do I really do this? Yes. I do. I spend countless hours each day reading other people's blogs. I do it because I do enjoy reading them. But, it also takes up a lot of time that I could be thinking and feeling my own thoughts and feelings. Likewise, I think I live vicariously through other people's blogs. I don't want to sound like a weirdo stalker, but I follow blogs pretty closely (guess I have a lot of thoughts/feelings to avoid). I "live through them" going on vacations, getting married, having babies, training for and running marathons, eating things I don't let myself eat (unless it's during a planned binge), etc.
I am actually glad that I just became aware of this. Because I have a GREAT life of my own and I haven't been fully living it. Of course, like everyone else, there are parts of life that just plain stink-o-rino (like fiance working 12 hour nights this month and being super duper tired from lack of sleep...poor guy!), but overall, I have soooo many wonderful things in my life. I want to start living. I want to start experiencing life. Not "the world" per say, but real, true, life that God gave me and wants me to live EVERY SINGLE DAY!!!
So, for the next 30 days, I am going to have the kick off to "Live your life challenge". I am also going to start a 30 day, "I am thankful for life" challenge. Each day, I will focus on being in the present moment and living my life THAT DAY (not the past and not too much in the future...with the obvious wedding prep and excitement of course :)) and I will end each day with a list of 10 things I am greatful for that day.
Today, I am greatful for...
1. God and the AMAZING life he offers each and everyone of us.
2. Fiance ~ He's the funniest, sweetest, most caring, hardworking person I have ever met and he loves and cares for me so much.
3. Job interview tomorrow ~ prayers that it goes well and I am able to show them a glimpse of God (fyi that's another goal to show people God, because He is AMAZING!)
4. Water. It tastes so good when I'm super thirsty and makes me feel refreshed.
5. My sister ~ she's always stuck by me and understands me the most, out of all my family members.
6. Desire to stop binge eating.
7. God's promise that no temptation is too great to overtake us, who belong to Him, and make us give into it.
8. My Aunt Cheryl ~ I need to reconnect with her, but she's like a twin of me and I can tell her anything.
9. Fiance's family ~ They have welcomed me into their family and treat me with great love!
10. Cody and Ashley ~ They are the cutest, sweetest kids and always make me smile.